By | April 22, 2019

Home insurance in South Africa is divided into two categories –

Homeowners insurance, gives you cover for your home and its related structures (like garage, walls, gates and fences) and insures your property against fire, lightning and explosions, natural disasters, theft and more.

Home Contents insurance covers everything inside your home… from your furniture to your carpets – your appliances to your books, CDs and artworks. If any of your household contents are lost or damaged due to fire, theft or natural disaster, your Home Contents insurance will pay to repair or replace them.

Important: Many people believe that the contents of their home are automatically included in their Homeowners cover, but this is not the case. Your household contents have to be insured separately!